Spain, food and all those memories...

I don't always take a picture of my plate but when I do it is always something worth remembering.  I'm not gonna lie, Italian food is my favourite but this year I had a chance to finally visit Spain and discover some new flavors. Here's what I found out.


 
Sevilla, 2015

1. Tapas - the idea of tapas is just amazing. It gives you a chance to try different things but the portions are so small that it's almost a guilty free pleasure. Among tapas you can find those very light, that can stimulate your appetite or pithy one that can actually satisfy the hunger. Eating tapas does not require booking a table, you can simply move from one place to another and try new stuff.  How cool is that? 










2. Coperto - or should I write: the lack of coperto. There is not such things in Spain. You pay for what you eat and leave the tip, while in Italy... well that is the whole another story.



3. Churros - that's my biggest culinary discovery since kale chips. Churros ofcourse aren't healthy, nor diet. It's basically a pastry fried in deep fat until it becomes crunchy. Crunchy from the outside, amazingly soft in the inside. They literally taste fat, but it so good that you just dip it in hot, intense dark chocolate and you can feel complete. Oh, I wanna have some of them now! Badly!





4. Cappucino - In Barcelona they just don't know how to make cappuccino. I tried three times and three times I got just coffee and milk. The lack of foam makes me so upset I started to suspect I might be addicted...


5. Vegatarian heaven - if you don't eat meat you are not gonna die in Spain for sure. Not only in the summer shops and markets are full of handsome, colorful and tasty fruits and veggies. In many places they are washed, cutted  into pieces and packed with a tiny little fork so you can eat it right away. Melons, mangos, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, pine apples have this heavenly taste that cannot be easily found in places with less sun. Plus the freshly squezeed juices that again are full of natural sweetness. Oh, and eating the whole box of strawberries with whipped cream in a hostel room carry your friendship on another level ;) (regards to MK and DW)








 


 
La Boqueria, Barcelona, 2015

6. Simplicity and diversity - according to me these are the two most important things when it comes to good food. Spanish food is simple yet not boring, for sure everyone can find something tasty. Gazpacho, paella, fresh and smelly sea food and those omnipresent potatoe chips have their fans all over the world. At a time I was eating meat I ate the best breakfast in my life. It was in Sevilla, the morning was cool but sunny and the waiter was quite rude. I ate  a very simple thing: fresh, white bread with a thin layer of finely chopped tomatoes (smaller than on bruschetta, it looked more like a kind of chutney...) and a slice of jamón. I know, sounds quite simple but trust me, I still remember this taste and this smell. And Małgorzata just wanted a croissant ;)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kto nigdy nie widział Sewilli, ten nigdy nie patrzył z zachwytem..."

Święto dyszla tu i tam...

Wenecja miasto miłości - a jakże!