La Bella Liguria...

It's the end of August and though I am not a school girl anymore I can feel in the air that all the fun is coming to an end with the beginning of September. I know we have an incredibly beautiful fall in Poland but as for me, the best time of the year is over. 

Sadness caused by some life circumstances and upcoming short days is knocking on my door, so this is the high time to recall that just a week ago I had an opportunity to be in one of the most beautiful places in Europe. 



Portofino, 2015



To be more precise this time I was trying to get to know and explore Italian region called Liguria, the area also known as Italian Riviera. Choosing the capital of the region as a base to take off to the nearby places was a good idea. Mainly becasue August is a holiday season in Italy so the city was alomost empty and the accomodation price was quite good. Besides that, Genova turned out be a very interesting place itself but about this city I am going to tell you next time. For now let's just see if the Italian Riviera is as beautiful as it should be.


When I was a very, very young girl and haven't been yet to Italy I had a certain image in my head how this country looks like. It is hard to say where this image came from (probably some magazines, books or movies), but the fact is that not until this trip most of the pictures from my head had materialized. It felt so weird but so good at the same time! Some of the views on the way from Genova to Portofino were so overwhelmingly lovely I was bewitched. Mare e monti - mountains and the sea have always been the best possible mix for me. The Ligurian mountains look wild and represent the harsh life of those who tried to subjugate them and grow some crops. Then there is the blue sea with massive waves, that hit the coast rocks and cliffs with great force and mighty splash. But those waters are rich in fish and all those yummy, smelly sea food. Italian Riviera is not postcard paradise with sandy beaches. For me it is a colorful, picturesque but turbulent beauty that you can easily fall in love into.

 
Among the places I was lucky to visit one will probably stay in my memory forever. The small village called Camogli that is located on the Golfo Paradiso. The fishermen's village is inhabited by less than 6000 people and I bet it is not know by many people. I wanted to go there cause I read somewhere that the name of this place derives from words: casa delle moglie, which means "house of wives". This name is a kind of tribuite for all those wives left alone, waiting for their men to come back from the sea. And the colorful houses were helping the men to find the way back home from fishing escapades. It sounds romantic nowadays, but it is in fact the description of a hard life full of hard work, uncertainty and yearning. And all of this happened in the most beautiful scenery that is possible. I hope you will like it to :)
       

Portofino, 2015


Portofino, 2015

Portofino, 2015




On the way to Portofino, 2015
Liguria, 2015

Camogli, 2015
Camogli, 2015

Camogli, 2015
Camogli, 2015


Camogli, 2015
Camogli harbour, 2015
Camogli harbour, 2015

Camogli, 2015
Camogli, 2015


Nervi, 2015
Nervi, 2015



Sori, 2015


Sori, 2015

Sori, 2015


Rapallo, 2015

Rapallo, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Kto nigdy nie widział Sewilli, ten nigdy nie patrzył z zachwytem..."

Święto dyszla tu i tam...

Wenecja miasto miłości - a jakże!