Music makes it all better

One of the biggest (and additionally fat free) pleasure in my life is listening to music and I must say I am, as probably many of you, a little bit addicted to it. 

I can’t start my working day unless I find a decent playlist that is suitable for the struggles of the logistic department. I also get a panic attack each time I forget my earphones (or just think I forgot them)when I am entering a bus, plane or train.

Moreover, a crucial part of my preparation to each trip – even the short one – is making a perfect playlist. This playlist suppose to be a kind of soundtrack, that together with the natural sounds of the place I am going to visit, and the talks and laughter of the people I am going to meet on my way, creates a memory that is more profound and powerful that any photo. A memory that comes back to me each time I can hear the song that was my companion on that certain moment and place.

Unfortunately even though I choose my own soundtrack carefully, selecting it from a vastness of my favorite artists, sometimes a random song, overheard in a radio just sticks to me and can’t let go. It plays in my head when I walk the streets of a new city, climb a volcano or just when I lay on the beach doing the sweetest nothing. Then there is not much I can do – the song, no matter how ridiculously stupid, shameful or pathetic becomes the song of a trip, the track of a place. And I start to like it because it takes me back to the wonderful moments that belongs to the past.

With this post I would like to share with you few songs that are strongly connected to some of my favorite places, hoping you will also share some good ones with me. Especially that right now I am preparing to another trip and since I am going all by myself music is going to be my companion. 
So your tips will be highly appreciated ;)


1  “Bailando” by Enrique Iglesias

It was hot and humid time in Palermo, at the end of September 2014. Some Italian music tv channel was playing this song each time we were eating breakfast and dinner. Everyday. We were eating the amazing tomatoes from Corleone, Galbanino cheese and yellow Sicilian bread with sesame seeds. And we were eating our modest but excellent meals with Enrique. How awesome.




2.  “Hey ya” Scrubs soundtrack

I can hear this song each time I am on the beach – no matter if it’s a desolate and sad Malagueta, windy yet sunny beach in Sopot or spectacular beaches of Egadi Islands. “Hey ya”  by Ted is played in my head each time. A good beachy song that helps me to chill up and smile, even if only to myself.




3
 “Dog days are over”  by Florence and the Machine

The first notes of this song and I am in … Florence. Taken there by the redhead Florence. I was listening to this song over and over during my lonely trip to Tuscany. I remember sitting on a stone bench at Loggia dei Lanzi, trying to escape the tremendous heat and watching hordes of tourists overflowing Piazza della Signoria. Next to me some art school students were trying to sketch The Rape of the Sabine Women by Gianbologna and Cellini's Perseus with the Head of Medusa. Florence was singing her song and I felt this odd sensation in my stomach that I always feel when I am happy. Happines hit me.




4.“Love me like you do” Ellie Goulding

No, I am not a fan of the book or movie.  Just this song hit me when I arrived to Venice and I was even singing it (quietly – yes I do it sometimes) while strolling around the narrow streets and vast piazzaa of the most romantic city on the planet. Venice was sunny those days, a little cold but the warmth of the sunlight made it all just wonderful. I was happy there as well, and this song brings me the memory of those few winter days.





Ofcourse non of this songs or videos belongs to me nor I have any rights to them. I share it as my blogger allows me. Enjoy!



Comments

  1. Well done, great post. While in Stockholm, I strongly suggest listening to following song on constant repeat:
    https://youtu.be/s9kUgcck218
    Thank you from the mountain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Kto nigdy nie widział Sewilli, ten nigdy nie patrzył z zachwytem..."

Święto dyszla tu i tam...

Wenecja miasto miłości - a jakże!